— Current Job Opportunities and Application Listed Below —
Imagine getting paid to do the things you LOVE!
Do you love working outdoors and as part of a team that is most known for its customer service?
Do you love building and maintaining landscape projects, beautiful lawns, patios and planters?
Do you love doing great things for the community?
We want people on our team with a passion for learning.
We’ve assembled an amazing team of men and women that have a passion for legendary customer service and now it’s time to expand our team.
Are you someone who loves learning and enjoys advancement? We’ll invest in you by providing the training and education to help you turn a job into a career.
We need these skills. Is this YOU?
- Team focus
- Excellent communicator
- Love working outdoors
- Team leadership experience
- Making customer service is my top priority
- Passion for learning new skills to advance within the company
We have openings year round for:
- Lawn care, mowing, edging and fertilizing
- Plants & shrubs pruning & maintenance
- Stone work – patios, stone walls, pool decks
- Woodworking – Pergolas and ornamental elements
- Snow plowing & snow removal
Not Just a Job – A Career Opportunity
At Carpenter & Costin we know we are only as good as our team and we’re proud to be associated with everyone on it. We are very passionate about finding the right person and personality for a long-term fit, so we settle for nothing less. Then we provide the training and education to help you succeed. To accomplish that, we’ve formed a team and a culture that values knowledge, understands customer service and embodies and advances exceptionally positive attitudes. This philosophy results an incredibly strong team with depth and bench strength that provides promising career paths to our team members who want to improve their knowledge and advance through the ranks and turn jobs into careers.
Commitment to Service and Quality
We’ve assembled the area’s best professional landscapers, landscape designers and drivers with a complete understanding of our commitment to customer service.
- In Spring we begin interviewing for positions as we add staff to manage our workload through October.
- In Summer we have some positions that may fit well into school vacations which can end when you go back to school.
- In Winter Carpenter & Costin clients need snowplowing, snow removal and roof raking which keeps us busy taking care of commercial and residential customers year round.
The Carpenter & Costin Difference is our TEAM!
Ask anyone that works with us and you’ll find people in our organization that enjoy their work as much as they enjoy their play outside of work. We provide training and team building as well as a few special events several times a year where we all enjoy getting together for some fun. If you enjoy golf, pig roasts, ATVing, and softball just to name a few activities, you’ll love being part of this team!
Do You Have What it Takes?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join the Carpenter & Costin Team, please fill out the form below so we can get acquainted soon. We’re always looking to find the right career-minded individuals to grow with us while we advance our customer satisfaction goals and continue to grow and provide opportunities for all.
Thank you for considering Carpenter & Costin for your career. We look forward to speaking with you!
Russ Marsan & Matt Cataldo
— Current Job Opportunities —
Client Relationship Manager
Posted January 11. 2019
Carpenter & Costin is an established and growing commercial and residential landscape maintenance and snow removal company located in Rutland, Vermont.
We are seeking a full time, highly motivated team player to join our client care/sales team. With our organization you will be building lasting relationships with clients and selling landscape services and improvements for commercial and residential properties.
Your compensation plan includes a base salary with commissions, a company car and a benefits program that includes medical insurance, a retirement plan as well as paid vacation/holiday/sick time.
Responsibilities: The Client Relationship Manager will work closely with senior management to:
- Develop new clients through cold calling, networking, and promptly responding to inbound inquiries.
- Create a strong sales channel and pipeline while taking ownership of the sales process.
- Perform all aspects of the bidding process, including: measuring properties for estimates, reviewing invitations to bid and pre-site inspections.
- Create plans for landscape, hardscapes and drainage systems.
- Possess and develop a working knowledge of plants as it relates to health and design.
- Perform site visits/inspections to ensure quality and site deficiencies.
- Submit company bids in a professional, effective and timely manner.
- Follow up with existing clients to ensure their satisfaction and discuss improvement opportunities.
- Perform effective project handoffs to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure quality work, above satisfactory customer experience and safe practices are utilized.
- Other duties as assigned by proper authority.
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience in the landscaping industry or related field that allows this candidate to excel in the outlined position.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses strong qualities of effective time management and works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow, improve or create new processes to increase effectiveness.
- Possesses a solutions-based mindset.
- Consistently sets goals and works effectively to achieve them.
- Proficient computer skills in word, excel spreadsheets, power point etc.
- Excellent public speaker that can create and lead effective presentations.
- Valid, clean and insurable driver’s license
- Base salary
- Commissions on sales (The right person for this position is anticipated to earn in excess of $60,000 annually including base salary plus commissions, based on achieving established goals.)
- Company paid vacation + sick time
- Company paid holidays
- Company vehicle + fuel card
- Retirement plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- IT devices appropriate to the position
Please apply online through our website.
Now hiring team members for SNOW REMOVAL
Posted November 2018.
We need dependable people that can be available to plow and shovel snow throughout the winter and as the weather demands. Our goal is to keep our clients’ properties safe and clear of snow regardless of how harsh the winter and snow/ice conditions.
Carpenter & Costin is committed to improving our community through all we do, both in landscape work and in our participation in community service projects. Our mission focuses on creating outdoor spaces for the enjoyment of our customers and community as well as promoting healthy lifestyles for the kids that are our friends and neighbors.
We’re looking for the newest members of our team that will help us deliver the level of customer service that Carpenter & Costin is known for throughout Rutland, Addison and Bennington Counties – and beyond.
Available hours vary and may be adjusted to fit your schedule.
Winter Jobs Available:
The skills and availability we’re searching for include:
- Skilled Operator for Front End Loader
- Snow Plow Drivers
- Snow Shovelers
- Year round full time positions also available