Website Carpenter & Costin
The Design & Care of Fine Landscapes
- Installs paver patios; stone, block retaining walls.
- Understands elevations and uses this knowledge to execute the construction plan.
- Operates, proficiently, a variety of mechanical equipment
- Operates automatic vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including time-sheets
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that the job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Helps with snow removal during the winter months as needed.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
- Winter work may require snow removal either by plow or shovel
- 2 years of hardscape and landscape installation experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to lead, manage and communicate with coworkers and clients.
- Retaining wall, walkway, raised patio, and outdoor kitchen installation…etc
- Masonry and veneer work is a plus
- Operate/use all landscape tools & equipment effectively.
- Snow removal experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands listed below are typical of what will be encountered on the job site. While performing the duties of this job, a Landscape Hardscape position is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and have the ability to hear. A Landscape Hardscape position must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work outside in various and inclement weather conditions.
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions a Landscape Hardscape Installation Foreman encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the Landscape Hardscape position is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property.
The employee will work closely with other team members!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $21.00 per hour