Better Middlebury Community Comes Alive Outside!
The possibilities seem endless when creative volunteers come together to plan and execute a family-friendly event in Middlebury Vermont. The effort was led by Come Alive Outside, the Better Middlebury Partnership and Carpenter & Costin. Come Alive Outside, a non-profit organization based in Rutland, inspires collaborative community systems that create the awareness, intention, and opportunity for people to live healthier lives outside. The purpose was not only to create a fun event, but also to raise awareness of the downtown and encourage people to come downtown and shop.
On a beautiful Wednesday afternoon in August, Carpenter & Costin rolled out six thousand square feet of fresh sod to carpet Middlebury’s Battell Bridge on Main Street, transforming into a barefoot-friendly block party for all ages. There was food, games and demonstrations throughout the event. While the music played, the adults danced and the children enjoyed each other, friends and families.
The sod was generously donated by Saratoga Sod Farms and the labor was donated by Carpenter & Costin’s team. After the event the sod was donated to the School District to refurbish part of their athletic fields, an excellent way to reuse the natural resource to bring smiles to hundreds of Middlebury families.
The event was the 2nd annual block party presented by the Better Middlebury Partnership and it was such a huge hit it will be back again next year!
- Planting Flowers Early in May can be Risky in Vermont - April 25, 2019
- Frost Heaves in Walkways and Driveways - April 9, 2019
- Carpenter & Costin Relocates to New Larger Headquarters - April 8, 2019
- Green Streets Challenge Middlebury - March 31, 2019
- Green Street Challenge Rutland - March 25, 2019
- Kids Come Alive Outside to Learn - February 28, 2019
- Russ Marsan Business Leader of the Year - September 18, 2018