Rutland Regional Medical Center Partners with Come Alive Outside and Carpenter & Costin
For the third year in row, over 350 elementary school children from the Rutland County Supervisory Union enjoyed a fun and educational day thanks to Come Alive Outside and dozens of volunteers from RRMC, Rutland Rec, Wonderfeet Kids Museum, GE & Carpenter & Costin to name a few.
In April, Team Carpenter & Costin laId out a plan, tilled the soil and prepared several acres to ensure a successful growing season. Kids then gathered in June to plant a huge pumpkin patch and over an acre of sunflowers under the guidance of instructors and volunteers from RRMC. The growing ‘farm’ was then monitored and periodically watered to ensure it stayed healthy.
In the Fall, the kids came back together to harvest the pumpkins, test their skills in the sunflower maze and learn more about sunflowers and growing foods sustainably.
Once again, the smiles on the kids’ faces made it all worth it!
- Planting Flowers Early in May can be Risky in Vermont - April 25, 2019
- Frost Heaves in Walkways and Driveways - April 9, 2019
- Carpenter & Costin Relocates to New Larger Headquarters - April 8, 2019
- Green Streets Challenge Middlebury - March 31, 2019
- Green Street Challenge Rutland - March 25, 2019
- Kids Come Alive Outside to Learn - February 28, 2019
- Russ Marsan Business Leader of the Year - September 18, 2018